Practical analysis of multistate models using Lexis
Bendix Carstensen, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen, Gentofte, Denmark
On the 17th August Bendix Carstensen will give two talks.
Both talks will be in the
Institute of Medical Science (IMS)
in the Level 7 conference room.
The short course on 18th August will run from 9 AM to 5 PM in
Medical Library (Polwarth Library) in the lower floor computer room
CR2 and will give an overview of the use of the
Lexis machinery from the Epi
package for representation and manipulation of survival and multistate
- Brief introduction to R (depending on the student skills)
- Rates, survival and likelihood
- Representation of follow-up: Lexis objects
- Life tables, Kaplan-Meier and Cox models
- Cox models and Poisson models
- Multiple timescales
- Multistate models: structure, representation and analysis
- Reporting results from multistate models
- Computing requirements:
Bring a computer with an installation of the latest
and with the latest version of the package Epi (2.16 or 2.19).
You may want to install R-studio
- Practicals with solutions.
- Very preliminary slides
- Data sets.
- Overview of basic
concepts in survival analysis.
A compressed overview of
essential quantities and their interrelations.
- Links to published work using mutistate models is
- More material and links to longer courses in this area are here.
Last updated 14 August 2017, BxC