Statistical Analysis of Method Comparison Studies
Course at Center for Clinical Research,
Haukeland University Hospital,
Wednesday 19th & Thursday 20th March 2014
The course is for the Statisticians' Network of Western Norway Health
Region (Helse Vest-statistikernes nettverk) at Center for Clinical
Research, Haukeland University Hospital in Bergen,
Any inquiries about participation must be directed to the organizer
Geir Egil Eide.
- Lectures & computer practicals by:
Bendix Carstensen, Senior Statistician,
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark, &
Department of Biostatistics,
Institute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Overview of course contents.
- Course program
- Lecture slides:
- Computer practicals.
- Here are a few useful program chuncks ---
essentially the solution code for the practicals.
- Computing requirements:
- Bring your own computer with the latest version
of R (3.0.2) installed.
- Install the latest version of the MethComp
package (1.27). This is not (yet) on CRAN, but available as
- It will be useful to install the Epi
- Finally, in order to run the MCMC simulations from the
MethComp package, you must install
JAGS on your
- Here is a small R
program that should run on your computer if all is installed properly.
- Your own data:
There might be possibilities of looking at your own data. It
would be preferable if you contacted the teacher first to discuss if it is an example
worth including in the course.
- Recommended reading:
- Previous courses on the topic.
Last updated 9 March 2014, BxC